[esocialaction] open doc proposal - Roles and Finance

Soenke Zehle s.zehle at kein.org
Tue Sep 13 17:32:34 BST 2005

Dear All,

this is moving pretty fast, so yes I would like to be involved. If you
need a European non-UK contact, I'd be happy to support. As I said, this
is very close to the hr-documentary project I had in mind, and I don't
mind supporting a project already underway rather than reinventing the
wheel. So add me to the dev section for now, I will be working with the
kein.org people and, it seems, TTC etc.

Just talked to Florian Schneider and the kein.org team, they are also in
if y'all want. I think it would be good to have them on board as they
also have a pretty good sense of what's doable in terms of open source
multimedia apps, coding, and all that).  They also have pulled off a
number of EU-financed projects. That way - along with TTC's amazing
track record, Tactical Media Brazil etc. - this looks less like a
from-scratch project than something that deliberately builds on previous
efforts.

I also think that the literacy issue - anglo emphasis or no - should
feature more prominently in the application, what I could contribute
here is some background from the #ICT for Development#
discussion/process we've been having in the <http://incommunicado.info>
context.

Brazil: are you talking about Alex Freire et al? They just submitted a
long project description to our first incommunicado reader, that could
probably be included in the research section.

best,

Soenke

Soenke Zehle
transcultural media studies project