[esocialaction] Re: open doc proposal - Roles and Finance

Yuwei Lin yuwei at ylin.org
Tue Sep 13 16:22:20 BST 2005

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm copying this message to Marek at
TacticalTech because they might be doing the practical work. I also wish
there could be direct interaction between Marek and the list so that
things get evolved more quickly.

> I'm all in favour of doing things on teh wiki where possible, but I have found in the past that writing proposals by wiki is very
> difficult. It is less clear who is going to make sure the proposal actually gets finished and submitted on time. My understanding
> is that we are hoping that Yuwei & Marlene will submit the outline proposal next week (20th)

I'll be paying an academic visit to Italy next week and I don't think I
can submit the proposal. I can help formulate it better though.
Marleen's only participating remotely in this case.

> We have very little time left.

Yes.

> I would like to suggest the following allocation of people to roles.
>
> Needs analysis:
> Andy (myself), Ann Light, David Wilcox -
>
> It would help to have someone from outside the UK as part of this work. I have a couple of possible contacts (David Casacuberta in
> Barcelona, Fiorella de Cindio in Milan) who might be interested. If no-one on the list from outside the UK wants to sign up, I
> will contact one or both of them.
>
> Tool development / integration
> Tactical tech? Giles Lane (proboscis)?, Cinelera?, Soenke Zehle?
> We don't have anyone listed as yet as specifically interested in co-ordinating the development work. This is critical. Are any of
> the people listed here interested in taking this on board (obviously at a very provisional level right now).
>
> The point here is that the initial proposal should make some suggestion as to an approximate budget for the project. We may be
> doing back of the envelope stuff here, but we should have an idea of the kind of amounts we are talkign about, and the time scale.

Marek: Could you please send in the task plan, budget plan and
development timeline?