[esocialaction] open movie project

Yuwei Lin yuwei at ylin.org
Thu Aug 18 18:29:42 BST 2005

Hi All,

> Another piece of work that's not really e-socialaction but may interest
> the story-tellers is www.steeltown.co.uk -  lots of stories, images and
> sounds including an interview with the last remaining Jarrow marcher.

Many thanks to Steve for sending this inspiring link. It gives me an
idea of producing a 3D documentary engaging experts both in open source
software and in narrative story-telling. Such a documentary can then be
distributed freely on the Internet. The 'open movie project' in Holland
(http://orange.blender.org/cms/Home.553.0.html) is doing such a thing
now. Though their project is still in progress, I can see they're being
successful. Perhaps we can cooperate with them to have a design
workshop? How do you reckon?

Best wishes,
yuwei

--