[Cash-outreach-engagement-circle] Fwd:?==?utf-8?q? Fwd: Advice Request!

Abigail Hammond | CASH abigail.h at ldn.cash
Sat May 13 14:36:15 BST 2023

Hi Annie

Your email has made it to me, thank you for getting in touch with CASH.

Your situation sounds a mixture of stressful and exciting challenges! I would be very happy to meet with you and Storm. This week coming it could be Monday morning / evening or Friday ( not sure am or pm yet) or possibly other times if none of those work for you.

In the mean time, can I suggest you check out info about setting up housing co-ops here at:

CCH -Confederation of Co-operative Housing
https://www.cch.coop/housing-co-operative-rules/

Co-operatives UK
https://www.uk.coop/start-new-co-op/start

Community Led Housing London
https://www.communityledhousing.london/support/

You could also talk to The Rising Sun Co-op who set themselves up fairly recently
https://www.risingsun.space/housing-co-op

You can see here how CLH supported them:
https://www.communityledhousing.london/project/rising-sun-housing-co-op/

That's probably plenty of research reading to get you started.
Contacting CLH first would probably be your best move, but do get in touch if you still want to chat.

Wishing you well,

Abigail From: Communication | CASH via Cash-outreach-engagement-circle <cash-outreach-engagement-circle at email-lists.org>Subject: [Cash-outreach-engagement-circle] Fwd: Advice Request!Date: 10 May 2023 at 20:59:52 BSTTo: cash-outreach-engagement-circle at email-lists.orgReply-To: Communication | CASH <communication at ldn.cash>
Dear O&E
Just forwarding for your attention, thank you for engaging, Liz!
BestCommunication Circle
Community Assets for Society and Housing

-------- Forwarded Message --------Subject:Advice Request!Date:Wed, 10 May 2023 17:07:22 +0100From:Annie Dobson <annieemmad at gmail.com>To:contact at ldn.cash

Hi Co-Ops Connect!

We met with Liz last night to discuss our co-op and co-ops connect.

I live with four housemates in an Olan Homes house but we are changing on the 1st June to be our own co-op. Olan Homes issued a Notice to Quit for the 1st June under the current contracts for all houses in Olan Homes. We all have to set up new co-ops in order to remain in our houses.
It’s a tricky (and very confusing!) situation as we still have a private leaseholder (this is true for all the co-ops under Olan Homes) and we are also unsure about the process of setting up our own co-op within Olan Homes and the future of our co-op - what will change materially, what new freedoms, and responsibilities we may have etc.
We would really appreciate any advice you have!! In the meeting with Liz last night, they mentioned co-ops connect member Abi might be able to help us out! Ideally we would love to have a meeting with Abi, Olan Homes manager Storm Poorun and us (the residents) but we appreciate Abi is very busy!
We also wanted to say that we’re excited about the project and a few of us would like to get involved!

Thank you,

Annie, Brownhill Road Co-Op--
Cash-outreach-engagement-circle mailing list
Cash-outreach-engagement-circle at email-lists.org