[Bins] adding support for Location EXIF tag?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Sep 18 20:09:56 BST 2006

I'd like to be able to use the Location EXIF tag on my images to back the
location tag in bins, so that my images will be tagged directly, and loss of
extra meta files isn't a big deal.

exiftool -Location="Some Place" image.jpg

sets this nicely, and exiftool -g image.jpg returns it nicely.

However, the image_info call that bins (1.1.29) uses returns Location as
part of an XML document inside of App1-http: tag (as per below).  Presumably
this is because it is an adobe extension to exif.
'App1-http:' => '//ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/<?xpacket begin=\'\'
id=\'W5M0MpCehiHzreSzNTczkc9d\'?>
<x:xmpmeta xmlns:x=\'adobe:ns:meta/\' x:xmptk=\'Image::ExifTool 6.00\'>
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf=\'http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#\'>

 <rdf:Description about=\'\'
  xmlns:Iptc4xmpCore=\'http://iptc.org/std/Iptc4xmpCore/1.0/xmlns/\'>
  <Iptc4xmpCore:Location>Susan Tveekrem &amp; Sean Dague&apos;s Wedding;
Granville, VT</Iptc4xmpCore:Location>
 </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>
</x:xmpmeta>
<?xpacket end=\'w\'?>'

Is there any quick and easy way to get Location back out inside of bins
instead of this XML doc?

	-Sean