[Bins] New Style

Martin Pohlack mp26 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Sat Aug 27 14:14:44 BST 2005

Hi,

> I like the thumbnails table-free positioning, fixed from marc's one, the
> grey-levels, the slide background.
>
> I'll include your templates in next release.

Ohh well, this was fast ;-).

I fixed some of the mentioned problems, I will look at the remaining
ones later.

[...]

> - the slide background could be used on images list page and on the big
>   image page too.

Fixed, partly.  I use the slide now everywhere, where vertical size
matters, i.e., thumbnail pages, image list pages, subalbum pages.

I think the slide would be much to big (ugly) on the image page itself,
and it is not necessary there.  After all, it is just for giving all
images the same height, such that the layout enginge does not break.  On
the single image pages this does not make sense as there is only one image.

> - the big image could be clickable, like on default templates, so the
>   browser can re-size it.

Personally I would prefer the next_image operation there, is this should
be the common use case for people browsing the albums.

> - If I add a new size on a picture, it is wrongly displayed.
>   See http://album.sautret.org/200_vacances/730_Pyr%E9n%E9es_2002/010_Marc/thumb2.html

Ok, I thought the number of sizes is fixed.  I will look into this.

> - the CSS-based layout is broken on thumbnails page if title fits on
>   several lines. See http://kashmir.sautret.org/~jerome/tmp/Capture.png

I will look into this.

> - pages doesn't seem to validate. Maybe you can totally get rid of
>   tables ?
>   see http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Falbum.sautret.org%2F200_vacances%2F730_Pyr%25E9n%25E9es_2002%2F005_Trajet%2Findex.html

I fixed this.  Should be ok now, except for one small problem.  When the
root album has no name (as seems the default without album.xml) the tree
generating engine gets confused (also with joi and marc templates, I
think).  I don't know how to fix this yet.

Getting rid of tables is not possible right now, as I want to center
images vertically and horizontally in the slide backgroud without
knowing all the dimensions of the image statically.  This should work in
all browsers (I checked FF, IE, and Konqueror).

If anyone has a solution for this without tables I would be very happy,
but I did not find one ...

> - I like the way joi highlight the default size icon when the cursor is
>   over a thumbnail, so I can see which size will be loaded.

Well, I tried to avoid java script for now.  Maybe later ...

The new version can be found again at:

Demo album:

  http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/~mp26/bins_test/

Template: