[Bins] .spec file for producing an RPM

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 19 06:15:17 BST 2004

I wanted to install the latest bins by RPM on my Mandrake 10.0 system,
so I "borrowed" the .spec file out of an old Mandrake RPM for bins.

I quickly noticed that the .spec file did not install any of the templates
but the default and the joi template, so I altered it to copy them.

It seems like the .spec file could be added to the tarball to make it
easier for people like me to build an RPM even if you don't want to
have to deal with that.

I added a directory in the tarball called "rpm", and put a bins.spec
file in it, then make a src rpm so that I at least can keep it around and
not lose it the next time a new tarball comes out.

I would like to offer the modified .spec file...  I doubt that Mandrake
would mind, but I guess I could ask the package maintainer to be
sure.

Kevin R. Bulgrien