[Bins] Image Rotation

Jérôme SAUTRET jerome at sautret.org
Fri Aug 20 20:18:12 BST 2004

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 12:59:53PM +0100, Loris Caren wrote:
> Hello, I've recently downloaded bins and found all the dependencies. I
> saw reference to an ability to pre-rotate images that were tagged to
> do so. I used exif to set the orientation tag (0x110) to 2 (which
> exif says is top-right) expecting to get a 90deg rotation. Instead I
> got a warning message as bins processed the files 'Orientation field
> illegal value: top_right'. Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding
> the exif format?  (My camera isn't smart enough to figure out which
> way up it's being held).

The label of the orientation used by BINS is right_top, not top_right.
How did you set the exif tag ?

Your camera don't have a manual rotation function ? Note also that you
can set this tag with the rotation function of bins-edit-gui.

--
Jérôme SAUTRET (Jerome @ SAUTRET.org)           http://SAUTRET.org
Key 0x95D463F3 fingerprint 3B69 3B60 4D32 B8DF 2BF3 8035 5036 D41A 95D4 63F3