[Bins] Orientation

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Tue Mar 11 20:46:25 GMT 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 11:22:21PM +0100, J?r?me SAUTRET wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 10:32:06PM -0500, Scott Lambert wrote:
> > I am probably just being dense here but I haven't been able to get bins
> > to automatically rotate destination images.
>
> > My camera doesn't have the accelerometer to know which way is up so I
> > have to edit the .xml file manualy.
>
> Your camera don't have a manual rotation function ? On some
> cameras, this set the correct exif value.

Nope.  Kodak DX-3900.  Nice camera for my purposes though.  It takes
good pictures.

> The doc is probably not clear on this point. You need to add a
> priority attribute on the <tag> tag, not the <exif> one :
>
> <snip>
>    <exif>
> <snip>
>       <tag name="Orientation" priority="1">
>          bottom_left
>       </tag>
> <snip>
>    </exif>
> </image>

Thanks.  That should get me all lined out.

> (I'm not sure about the meaning of the <snip> tag ;-)

:-)

> Note that you can also use bins-edit-gui to do that automatically.

I tried installing that but I think the FreeBSD Ports collection has
some incorrect dependencies with Gnome or Gnome 1.4 parts just do bad
things to a Gnome 2.2 setup.  I wound up having to delete all of Gnome
and reinstall Gnome 2.2.  I can live without the GUI now that I have
your explanation.

lambert at lambertfam.org