[Bins] Orientation

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Sun Mar 9 22:32:06 GMT 2003

I am probably just being dense here but I haven't been able to get bins
to automatically rotate destination images.

FreeBSD 5.0-20030303, Perl 5.6.1, bins 1.1.20

~/.bins/binsrc has:
  <parameter name="rotateImages">
    destination
  </parameter>
  <parameter name="rotateWithJpegtran">
    1
  </parameter>

19:59:00 Sun Mar 09 $ which jpegtran
/usr/local/bin/jpegtran

My camera doesn't have the accelerometer to know which way is up so I
have to edit the .xml file manualy.

The best I have been able to puzzle out of the man page:

"If a user wants to override the EXIF values and provide a replacement
(such as a corrected Orientation or an Owner setting that reflects who
you loaned the camera to) adding a priority attribute with a value of
"1" will prevent bins from replacing it with the value in the image."

Tells me that I need the following in image.jpg.xml:

image.jpg.xml:
<snip>
   <exif priority="1">
<snip>
      <tag name="Orientation">
         bottom_left
      </tag>
<snip>
   </exif></image>

However, the Orientation setting is being changed back to top_left by
bins.  I think I have probably mis-interpreted the man page and need a
lesson in XML jargon.

lambert at lambertfam.org