[Bins] Possible fix: Assertion flags == 0 failed: file "Storable.xs"

Jérôme SAUTRET jerome at sautret.org
Tue Jun 24 22:08:53 BST 2003

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 02:15:06PM +0200, Adrian Rossiter wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was having trouble with the 'Assertion flags == 0 failed: file
> "Storable.xs"' error too, using Perl 5.8 (Redhat 9) and bins 1.1.21.
>
> In the end I edited the bins program and removed the call to dclone,
> which seems to have fixed the problem for me.
>
>    original:   my %configHash = %{ dclone($currentConfigHash) };
>    changed to: my %configHash = %{ $currentConfigHash };
>
> It seems to have generated my album fine with the joi templates and
> also with my own slightly changed templates. But I don't know whether
> the change has side effects that I haven't noticed in my limited testing.

I've not investigated the code, but I can remember that the dclone
does something useful when I added it... It is used to not override
configuration parameters when reading local ones from an album or
picture description file.

But at least we know now that this is the dclone that cause problem on
some distributions. Anyone knows an alternative that works everywhere ?

--
Jérôme SAUTRET (Jerome @ SAUTRET.org)           http://SAUTRET.org
Key 0x95D463F3 fingerprint 3B69 3B60 4D32 B8DF 2BF3 8035 5036 D41A 95D4 63F3