[999nhs-coordinators] Route Signoff Deadline

Jo Ritson joritson at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 10:33:13 GMT 2014

Hi Emma, here's an update on the Barnsley to Sheffield / Sheffield to Derbyshire border route.

We are working as a team - 2 on each leg. Me & Stuart on Barnsley to Sheffield; Mike & Alistair on Sheffield to Derbyshire border.  Contact has been made with the Derbyshire co-ordinator (James) who takes over from Mike and Alistair.

Not been much activity due to me being ill and Mike being on holiday last week, but :-

1) Routes from Barnsley into Sheffield and then Sheffield to Derbyshire border been sent to police.
They have asked for a meeting to discuss.  We aim to meet them by end of week beginning 23rd June at the very latest.

2) Sheffield city council has been contacted by Alistair

3) Proposed loo / lunch stops identified - to clarify after speaking to police - will need their advice re lunch stop on route into Sheffield as half way point is at a busy junction.

4) Spoken to regional co-ordinator for Unite (my union) who says they can provide a PA.

5) Local BBC radio presenter been contacted.  He says will do a story.  Just waiting to get route signed off before getting back in touch with him.

6) I also understand there is something being planned for welcoming the march into Barnsley - but need to get that clarified.  Have a contact I need to chase up about this.

7) Putting feelers out for some sort of musical entertainment for rally when march gets to Sheffield.

Hope this is useful.

Jo