[999nhs-coordinators] Not Long Now!

Emma Tyers emma_tyers at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 08:49:32 GMT 2014

Hi All -

Just a few days to go, so thought I would get a final email out to you all to cover a few questions that have come up. Please read and absorb, and let me have any questions.

Website
Lots of lovely new pages on our site.
Map - http://999callfornhs.org.uk/detailed-map-route/4583636068 - please click through and check your leg of the route. Email 999callforhns at gmail.com if anything is wrong
Supporters - http://999callfornhs.org.uk/supporters/4583672087 - logo page for our supporters. Let me know if anyone wants adding.
Tshirts - http://999callfornhs.org.uk/get-a-t-shirt/4585849437 - get your tshirts here! There may be a few available at Jarrow right at the start of the march. Claire Copple is looking after orders for us.
Donations - http://999callfornhs.org.uk/donations-page/4585633320 - please keep plugging this :-)

On the March
We’ve been super busy behind the scenes finalising how things are going to work. Jo Land is our March Leader, actions as a roving Darlomum HQ. Craig Farlow is there the whole way too, acting as honorary Darlomum, and helping her out. If you’re not going to be there on the ground for your rally and/or march, let me know. It’s not an issue - we just need to make sure that Craig is ready to cover your section. Please also let us know if you have marchers joining locally who are happy to act as Stewards. Our camper van is revving up its engine, and we have minibuses too, for transporting people and luggage. Some police forces have asked for us to transport people past dangerous pieces of road - if you have sections like that, let us know. Nicola Avery is working with the People’s Flotilla to get some involvement from the folks on the canals we cross, which is super exciting.

Rallies and Publicity
Please keep updating this sheet so we can chat to the people from the telly.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akvne1dGXFbGdFM2NmJtSzdKQnR0alpsOWFRYmNxb1E&usp=sharing#gid=31
Andrew Musgrove is on hand to help out with the press. Our two Darlomum rules about the march are very simple, please bear them in mind when dealing with the media:
1. We are not allied to any one political party
2. No swearing :-)

Handouts
There is information about each leg of the route on the website map, so I will repeat PLEASE MAKE SURE IT’S CORRECT! There is also a Marchers Guidance sheet here:
http://999callfornhs.org.uk/marchers-checklist/4585849529

Folks will of course turn up on the day who haven’t read the website, so please be ready with copies of this handout for them, which is a summary of the same info:

Please also consider doing a handout along the lines of the attached, so that everyone is well informed about what’s happening on the day.

Accommodation & Food
Geoff Dunbar will be emailing today about accommodation. Please note that is it not guaranteed for anyone doing fewer than 11 legs of the route i.e. halfway. We have a separate Facebook group up and running for our “300 Milers”. We aren’t in a position to guarantee food for anyone, although many locations are offering it.

FINALLY…
A massive THANK YOU to you all. We couldn’t have got this far without you. We’ve been overwhelmed by how generous people have been with their spare time on this. We know that with your support, this will be a huge and important event, and we’re looking forward HUGELY to meeting lots of you along the way!!

Emma