[SlugBug] Invitation to GeekUp Sheffield 3 on 2 July 2008

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Mon Jun 30 14:25:47 BST 2008

Hi

GeekUp Sheffield is moving to its new home of the Showroom Cafe for
the 6th August onwards but this week it is at The Fat Cat.

What: GeekUp Sheffield 3   http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/659849/.

When: 6:00 PM Wednesday 2 July 2008

Where: The Fat Cat, 23 Alma Street, Sheffield, S3 8SA

Description

This month Sheffield GeekUp's lineup includes the following highlights
to mark the end of our short tenure at the Fat Cat:

Huddle facilitated by Jag Gill
- RTFM: Using Metrics to Encourage Agility

Lightning Talks by:
- Paul Brabban: "Idiot's Guide to Getting Your First Cert"
- James Boardwell: "internet sensibilities: remodelling humans"

KeyNote
- Rob Lee of Rattle Research on Hardware Hacking.

Question Time:
- Our panel of guest contributors wrap up by offering their solutions,
ideas and opinions to the current hot topics stirring geekdom. Bring
out your issues and see what they have to say - add your question to
the comments below.

What is GeekUp? GeekUp is a community of web designers, developers,
and other tech-minded folk from the North. Our socials take place once
a month in Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Preston and Sheffield, and
are always a lively place to share ideas and spread a little
knowledge.

Sheffield GeekUp takes place on the first Wednesday of every month. If
you'd like to contribute a 20:20 presentation or facilitate a Huddle
at a Sheffield gathering, please get in touch or leave details on the
GeekUp wiki.

Who can attend GeekUp? Anybody involved or interested in technology is
more than welcome to attend a GeekUp. The monthly events are free, we
just ask that you buy your own beer. :)