[SlugBug] Job vacancy : PHP programmer / Linux admin : Sheffield

Gary Stimson gstimson at zedcore.com
Thu Apr 19 16:16:54 BST 2007

JOB VACANCY : PHP PROGRAMMER / LINUX ADMIN

Zedcore Systems Ltd is a small but growing company based in Hunters Bar,
Sheffield. We have a reasonably large and very stable client-base with
more clients joining each year.

We use Open Source Software to provide technical services to Internet
companies (we're members of the Open Source Consortium).

Our main activity is the development and ongoing evolution of
database-driven web applications. These include:

* Recruitment web sites and back-end shortlisting workflow systems for
NHS Trusts.
* Hotel booking system for around 1,500 hotels
* Web and intranet sites for a trade union. The sites connect in to
their in-house membership databases.
* Web and intranet sites for Chesterfield Royal Hospital with
distributed content management.
* Staff surveys for the Department of Work and Pensions.
* Various content management and sales-oriented sites for organisations
from charities up to multi-million pound turnover companies.
* Our own projects.

Sites are developed in PHP using our own coding framework and site
modules. This toolkit is more advanced than other web toolkits (Zope,
Rails, etc) and we are working towards launching parts of it as open
source software.

We also provide high-availability Linux-based hosting services, running
across approx 20 physical servers.

We are looking for one or two programmers to join our team. The
successful applicant(s) will be start by developing small modules for
the toolkit and for client sites. As your abilities improve, you will be
given larger projects and more freedom until you are managing client
accounts. You will be expected to get stuck in and work diligently to
become an invaluable member of our team.

An understanding of Object Oriented concepts is important. A good class
of degree will show us that you have the aptitude needed for this
challenging role. Any of the following will be useful: Linux/Unix, PHP,
SQL, [X]HTML, Javascript, "AJAX/Web2.0", CSS2.

Staff benefits include 25 days paid holiday per year (in addition to
public holidays), flexible working hours and a pleasant working
environment. We pay above-average salaries according to skills and
experience.

Please send your CV to gary at zedcore.com and include URLs/details of any
websites you have been involved in producing. Feel free to email with
any questions.

--
Gary Stimson
Zedcore Systems Ltd