[SlugBug] MYSQL query help

Matthew Gray matt at solis.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 12:42:39 BST 2006

Hi Alan,

I'm not familiar with moodle, but maybe you need to use something
using GROUP BY and GROUP_CONCAT ?

maybe something like :

SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(mdl_question_answers.id),
mdl_question_answers.question FROM
mdl_question_answers,mdl_question WHERE
mdl_question.qtype='multichoice' AND
mdl_question_answers.question=mdl_question.id
GROUP BY mdl_question_answers.question

Perhaps using AS to alias the first returned column name to
something a bit more managable than the full function name. And
inside GROUP_CONCAT you can set the seperator and sort order
of the resulting concatenating string.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/group-by-functions.html

I could be way of the mark with this however...

 Matt