[SlugBug] Thunderbird & movemail

Chris J cej at nightwolf.org.uk
Mon Oct 9 19:03:36 BST 2006

Hi all,

After years using exmh as my mail client, I've finally got to the point
where it's now past it's sell-by-date, and am (slowly) migrating over to
Thunderbird.

So far, so good -- I've migrated all my MH folders, am slowly
incorporating my procmailrc (though I'm looking at scripting that), but
have stumbled across a rather fundamental problem for which I find no
reference.

How the blazes is Thunderbird configured to read mail from a local spool
file - normally the localtion of cron-job notifications etc. I've
configured a UNIX movemail account, but I see no way to tell Thunderbird
/where/ the spool file is located, as I do not use /var/spool/mail[1].

Despite googling, I can't find any information on this whatsoever. So
... anyone any suggestions?

Chris...

[1] This ensures an out-of-control cron job (yes they do happen when the
network fails) cannot bring my /var partition to a grinding halt by
flooding my inbox. Instead, only my /home partition is affected (not
quite so bad)