[SlugBug] Fwd: Linux query

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Tue Nov 21 10:30:59 GMT 2006

Forwarded:

From: mwilsea at st-marys.hull.sch.uk
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:43:04 +0000

Dear Chris,

I'm hoping that you may be able to help me with a query I have. My
problem is this. I have Libranet installed on half of the second of my
two 160GB hard disks with windows XP on the first and half of the
second. Soon I have to get rid of the Linux installation (sorry, the PC
is going to my illiterate offspring) and make the space available to XP.
When I boot up Grub starts and is configured to boot to XP after 5
seconds unless I tell it otherwise (this stops my family getting
confused). I don't want to do anything that will cause things not to
boot so I can see that getting rid of Grub could be the more difficult
bit. Have you any suggestions please?

Grub says at bootup

Gnu Grub version 0.95 (638K lower / 1047488K upper memory)
Libranet GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.11 - ln.std
Libranet GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.11 - ln.std (single user mode)
Windows NT/2000/XP on hd0,0

Thanks, Mike Wilsea (mwilsea at st-marys.hull.sch.uk)

---
mwilsea at st-marys.hull.sch.uk