[SlugBug] Routing table question

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Wed Aug 16 09:08:53 BST 2006

hi

thanks for your reply.

Minase wrote:

[...]

> From that information alone, there is no way it can actually decide a
> 'default' route, seeing as there is two 'GATEWAY's. I've no idea why
> the default is /changing/ though... maybe eth0 is going down for a
> second and it's choosing the other one or something. But regardless...
> You either need to add a metric to the non-preferred route, or just
> delete that 'gateway' on eth1 altogether.

i thought i needed the second gateway as a route to the other network
(consisting of a single machine at 192.168.0.5) - but maybe not.

anyway i've deleted the second 'gateway', restarted the network and all
seems fine so far so problem could be solved - time will tell.

many thanks for all the contributions.

bill