[SlugBug] Routing table question

Minase lists at encapsulated.net
Tue Aug 15 22:35:08 BST 2006

> >DEVICE=eth0
> [snipped FC config stuff]

I'm not a RedHat/Fedora person, so i don't know what all these config
files are actually translating to command wise...

>From that information alone, there is no way it can actually decide a
'default' route, seeing as there is two 'GATEWAY's. I've no idea why
the default is /changing/ though... maybe eth0 is going down for a
second and it's choosing the other one or something. But regardless...
You either need to add a metric to the non-preferred route, or just
delete that 'gateway' on eth1 altogether.

How you add a metric in Fedora network config? No idea ;)
But in normal language it would be, e.g., `ip route add default via
192.168.0.5 metric 10 dev eth1`.

All in all, i probably shouldn't be posting because i don't know FC/RH,
but the main thing to keep in mind is you can't have two 'gateway's
unless they have different weights (metrics). So remedy that somehow
and we'll see if the problem goes away...