[SlugBug] Debian Popularity Contest

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 07:59:31 BST 2005

On 18/10/05, Andy Davidson <andy at nosignal.org> wrote:
> Neil McGovern wrote:
> > We're[0] going for a bit of a push to raise the profile of
> > Popularity-Contest[1].
> [...]
> > Not only does it tell us architecture information (eg: which
> > architectures are being used), but also which packages are popular. We
> > use this data to help decide what does on teh 1st cd etc.
>
> Not that it would bother me, but it would bother some people; is the
> data sent anonymously ?

Google + "popularity-contest" + "faq" + "debian" + "I'm feeling lucky" button =

http://popcon.debian.org/FAQ

I won't paste it in here, but the answers to your questions are in
there. Also if you install it the man page tells you that the FAQ is
installed locally in /usr/share/doc/popularity-contest/FAQ .

Cheers,
Al.