[SlugBug] newsreaders

Craig Andrews craig at simplyspiffing.com
Sat Nov 26 23:41:07 GMT 2005

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 12:29:14PM +0000, Andy Davidson wrote:
> If you're harvesting binaries, then ubh is good.  If you're trying to
> talk to people, I still find that slrn is the best choice, easy to use,
> very customisable, and powerful scoring features.

I have found slrn's binary harvesting to be very useful, especially for
multipart binaries. Use the '#' key to numerically select the posts
containing the parts of the encoded binary in the correct order, then
just press ':'. It downloads the bits, puts them together and decodes
them in all in one step. Just make sure you have uu{en,de}code and y{en,de}code
installed first.

--
Craig Andrews <craig at simplyspiffing.com>