[SlugBug] GIMP, polygon drawing help

Craig Andrews craig at simplyspiffing.com
Mon Nov 21 07:15:32 GMT 2005

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 01:50:10AM +0000, Alan Dawson wrote:
> I want to draw polygons in GIMP.  aargh.. hows it done.  Do i need some
> script-fu magic.
>
> Actually I want to draw celtic knot things.  Does anybody know if there some
> script-fu for that already ?.. But regular polygons would be a start.

Alan,

Take a look at GFig, a vector drawing component built into the Gimp.
It's accessible via Filters -> Render -> GFig and behaves much like
XFig.

For knot-like shapes, Spyrogimp might be your thing. That's available
from Script-Fu -> Render -> Spyrogimp. It's a bit unfriendly (no
preview, for instance) but there is a short guide here:

http://gug.sunsite.dk/articles/spyrogimp/

Thanks,

--
Craig Andrews <craig at simplyspiffing.com>