[SlugBug] opening mac jpeg files in linux

Peter Collier pecb at nildram.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 05:23:13 GMT 2005

Hi all,
	I've received 4 jpg files from an american firm who
were doing a "shoot" at my firm. They use mac computers they tell me,
so, I assume these files came from a mac
computer but I can't view them. I've looked at macutils
package, googled around for a couple of days but can't make
real positive sense as to what to do.
I've tried jpeg2ps but I end up with a 0 bytes file. Opening a file with
kate the top line of the file says, This file must be opened with
BinHex ver 4.0. Running binhex on these files gives the message
File is not a MacBinary. A bit of a contradiction?
The first 3 lines are:-

 (This file must be converted with BinHex 4.0)

:$%P04e!e0$Fb,QT`C`"+8%9(!!!!!!!!!!,eT!!!!!#TaIrBrq(Xfd9iD at B!!%e

II don't want to write back and say I can't open his files, not after I
gave a big plug on the merits of linux. Can anyone help?

TIA
Peter C