[SlugBug] [Fwd: [Wylug-announce] Death of Hans Bakker.]

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Thu Sep 30 18:51:08 BST 2004

It is with great regret that the SANE (Systems Administration and
Network Engineering) 2004 website (www.nluug.nl/events/sane2004/)
has announced that Hans Bakker has been killed in a car accident today.

Edwin Hermans has a number of fractures but is stable.

It's reported that Richard Stallman had been in the car
earlier but had been dropped off.

Hans was an active member of the OSS community and we as a group can
only express our sympathy to his girlfriend and family.

This brings home the relative frailty of us all, and he will be greatly
missed.