[SlugBug] Hacking the Linksys WRTG54GS

Bill Best bill at commedia.org.uk
Thu Sep 16 16:09:07 BST 2004

Chris wrote:

> Hi

hi

> The Linksys WRTG54GS is a cheap wireless router that runs
> Linux and can be hacked around with, and a few people have
> them and others are buying them and we have been thinking
> about doing a WRTG54GS install fest / hack event, a wiki
> page has been started:
>
>   http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/WRTG54GS

there's more on this here:

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20040527.html  and
http://www.burngreave.net/node.php?id=275
http://wifinetnews.com/archives/003294.html

wiki updated.

i've ordered a WRTG54S from ebuyer after having returned a WRTG54 back
to dabs - i'll have this next week so...

> And I guess now we need to thing about a date / venue --
> any suggestions?

no thoughts on this as yet but perhaps a weekend day might be better -
one saturday at access space maybe or down at the drum?

> Chris

bill