[SlugBug] o'reilly books discount

Bill Best bill at commedia.org.uk
Wed Mar 24 11:31:06 GMT 2004

Neil McGovern wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 11:42:22PM +0000, Bill Best wrote:
>
>>AFAIK SlugBug has no such deal in place so i'd like to ask this group if
>>this is something that we would like to run with?
>

> \o/ Yup :)

thanks for the feedback.

i will leave this a few more days to see if anybody has got any strong
objections to forging links with nasty capitalist booksellers  ;o)

i will check that there's no catch.  the o'reilly rep mentioned
something about a monthly newsletter she writes with details of new
books so i'd better check if that had to be compulsorily forwarded to
the LUG mailing list - i very much doubt this as i have never seen one.

further, i would imagine that £3-50 P&P must be per order as it does
seems a bit steep - however, on the other hand, if we all submitted a
group order of, say, twenty books at once then P&P would certainly come
to more than £3-50.  i will seek some clarification on this.

cheers

bb