[SlugBug] o'reilly books discount

Bill Best bill at commedia.org.uk
Tue Mar 23 23:42:22 GMT 2004

hi

i attended the ClubUkOnline event today at Sheffield Wednesday:

http://www.clubukonline.co.uk/local-events/eventdetail.asp?id=60

and made contact with the O'Reilly representative there.  she said that
there existed a deal specifically with LUG's whereby O'Reilly will offer
a 25% discount on books purchased to members of a LUG.

AFAIK SlugBug has no such deal in place so i'd like to ask this group if
this is something that we would like to run with?

basically a member of the LUG is a point of contact and is given an
account number.  that member then communicates the account number to
other members of the LUG in private.  this account number is then quoted
when ordering books from O'Reilly which then qualifies for the 25% discount.

there is a fee of £3-50 for postage and packing - i didn't think to ask
at the time if this was per order, or per _item_ ordered but we can get
this qualified later.

my questions:

i) do we want to do this as a group?

ii) if we do then i can offer to be the point of contact and set this up
or somebody else can, no problem.

best regards

bb