[SlugBug] server health

Bill Best bill at commedia.org.uk
Thu Mar 18 17:35:18 GMT 2004

Matthew Collins wrote:

>>Telehouse here I come...
>
> Well, this is a worst case then. If all the other test show nothing odd,
> and you're not seeing any strange network traffic, then I wouldn't
> bother with this stage unless you're really worried it might be a
> rootkit.

all very useful advice however that everyone will find of benefit, i'm sure.

the MRTG network stats for this box show a steady gentle increase in
traffic over the last 12 months as i'd expect and the line has never
been maxed out - runs at about half capacity on average.  daytime usage
peaks and troughs over 24 hours so, on balance, it doesn't _appear_ to
be flooding anybody.

i'll run through the security checks and give the server a thorough
overhaul.

ta

bb