[SlugBug] OT..Networking Hardware Software Recommendations

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Mon Mar 1 17:58:45 GMT 2004

On Monday, March 1, 2004, at 12:02  pm, Bill Best wrote:

> have you had a look at http://www.nagios.org/ or http://bb4.com/ ???
> can't say i've used them yet but they look pretty functional.

We use Big Brother for extensive monitoring where I work - we watch
over a thousand hosts, and have written watches for it to do all manner
of monitoring tasks, such as content on our own and third party sites,
and log files for our own apps - on a simple level, it's propper
easy...but you need to know it inside out if you're doing complicated
things.