[SlugBug] Software Freedom Day Online, August 28, 2004

Chris chris at slugbug.org.uk
Mon Mar 1 00:58:06 GMT 2004

Hi

I just saw this:

  Software Freedom Day Online, August 28, 2004

  The first annual Software Freedom Day will be held on August 28,
  2004. The Software Freedom Day initiative intends to make the world
  aware of the existence, availability, and high quality of Free/Open
  Source Software (FOSS), and to encourage its use by as many people
  as possible. It will be a global grassroots marketing campaign in
  which we are inviting volunteers from around the world to
  participate.

  We intend to give away informational fliers and CDs with selected
  FOSS, such as TheOpenCD or Knoppix, in public places on SFD. It will
  be up to the individual teams to chose how they wish to organize the
  PR effort locally, but we will assist with bulk production of
  posters, T- shirts, CDs and whatever else will be required. We will
  be asking for Sponsors to donate money and material goods and
  services to our effort, and will be inviting FOSS advocacy groups
  around the world to become our partners in this event. We hope you
  will join us too! Click here
  (http://softwarefreedomday.org/staticpages/index.php?page=HowToHelp)
  to read how you can get involved.

  http://info.interactivist.net/article.pl?sid=04/03/01/0035229

We could do something on that day?

Chris

--
http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/
SlugBug - the Sheffield Linux Users Group and BSD Users Group