[SlugBug] Meeting proposal

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Thu Jun 24 12:31:53 BST 2004

Chris wrote:

> On Thu 24-Jun-2004 at 12:12:02PM +0100, Bill Best wrote:
>>
>>should we try to get an agenda drawn up or is that altogether too
>>grown-up, boring and organised  ;o)
>>
>>erm, we could talk about:
>>
>>providing wireless Internet access to some of sheffield's
>>festivals e.g.  the Sharrow and Abbeyfield festivals.
>>
>>the Aktivix weekend planned for 10-12 september (see
>>http://seedsforchange.org.uk/aktivix.html about last year's one).
>>
>>developing wireless Internet communities in Sheffield.
>>
>>a 'proof-of-concept' proposal from manchesterwireless.net to
>>create a trans-pennine wireless Internet link - for the hell of
>>it.
>
> What we are going to do in Sheffield for Software Freedom Day -
> Aug. 28, 2004 - http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/

i'll be limbering up for some serious skanking down at Notting Hill but
what do peeps usually do for this event?

sheffield indymedia reported on a direct action back in december against
the United Nations WSIS conference -
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/sheffield/2003/12/282511.html -
but i think handing out CD's _could_ be seen as dodgy 'cos of virii and
so on.

of course, all this is what can be thrashed out at the meeting, innit.

bb