[SlugBug] Meeting proposal

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Thu Jun 24 12:12:02 BST 2004

Chris wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Thu 24-Jun-2004 at 08:32:03AM +0100, Brett Royles wrote:
>
>>>1.  Rutland arms, near the Drum ..  ( i forget the roadname but
>>>we've been there before)
>>
>>Will do my best 2 be there :) , can I bring a laptop??
>

> Sure, there is an open wirless node there which works quite well :-)

i don't believe it - we've got actually a meeting organised, y'all.

should we try to get an agenda drawn up or is that altogether too
grown-up, boring and organised  ;o)

erm, we could talk about:

providing wireless Internet access to some of sheffield's festivals e.g.
the Sharrow and Abbeyfield festivals.

the Aktivix weekend planned for 10-12 september (see
http://seedsforchange.org.uk/aktivix.html about last year's one).

developing wireless Internet communities in Sheffield.

a 'proof-of-concept' proposal from manchesterwireless.net to create a
trans-pennine wireless Internet link - for the hell of it.

can't fink of owt else right now.

bb