[SlugBug] email setup suse 9.1 using yast

Pecb pecb at nildram.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 22:56:32 BST 2004

I'm trying to use the Yast email setup in SuSE 9.1 instead of using the
straight forward one in kmail. This is so that the other members of the
family
can log onto the computer and just get their email instead of me having
everyones.

I have 2 email addresses. Anything at picollier.nildram.co.uk and
pecb at nildram.co.uk. I would like the ones addressed to pecb at nildram.co.uk to
go to peter's account (myself).

I am showing below what settings I have used as you go through the
setup.

I have a router with broadband connection so I have chosen permanent
connection.

Outgoing mail server:- smtp.nildram.co.uk
Masquerading
Domain for the from header:-picollier.nildram.co.uk
Domains for locally deliverd mail:- \$myhostname, localhost.
\$mydomain,
\$mydomain
Masquerade local domains :- yes
In the loal user display as box I have:-
peter at picollier.nildram.co.uk
paul at picollier.nildram.co.uk
irene at picollier.nildram.co.uk

Incoming Mail page.
Accept remote SMTP connections:-yes
Downloading
Server:-pop3.nildram.co.uk
Protocol:- Auto
Remote user name & password:- I've used my normal login to get emails.
Local user:- peter (or should this be mail / postfix?)
Forward roots mail to :- peter
Delivery mode :- Through procmail
Under kmail I've used in the settings, sendmail for sending messages and for
receiving - local delivery.
I'm not getting messages from my isp when I try to recieve mail on the
above
settings. I have read through the SuSE guide but as you can see I've
struggled.
Any help would be gratefully received.

I'm using the web interface to send you this.

Thks Peter C.