Meeting places and irc, was: Re: [SlugBug] Wiki, routing and the last / first meeting...

Chris chris at slugbug.org.uk
Thu Feb 26 18:43:07 GMT 2004

Hi

On Thu 26-Feb-2004 at 05:57:26PM +0000, David Leadbeater wrote:

> I guess it's about time I de-lurked..

Welcome!

> Maybe it would be good if we could do what some other LUGs do -
> that is have a place to formally meet, then go to the pub
> afterwards. Of course not all LUGs are blessed with a pub with
> free Wi-Fi access..

Good idea, I think that Access Space, acros the road from the pub
which has a load of networked Mandrake machines might be a suitable
place to meet, what do others think, should we drop them a line?

> I probably should have asked this at the meeting but have there
> been any thoughts about an IRC channel for the LUG?

A #slugbug channel would be cool IMHO :-)

Chris

--
http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/
SlugBug - the Sheffield Linux Users Group and BSD Users Group