[SlugBug] The SlugBug Wiki is alive! http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/

Chris chris at slugbug.org.uk
Fri Feb 6 15:18:31 GMT 2004

Hi

I have just installed MediaWiki [1], the one that runs
Wikipedia, here:

  http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/

The personal itch that this scratches is that I wanted
somewhere to post notes about how I got stuff to work so
that I can find them in the future after I have forgotten
:-)

I have done no customisation of the site yet, but most of
the template strings can be edited via the wiki, there is
a list of them here:

  http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta:MediaWiki_namespace_text

If someone wants to do a graphic for the site that would
be cool, it would need to be a png with a transparent
background and the same width as this one:

  http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/w/upload/wiki.png

At the moment it's set up so that all content is under the
GFDL (this is the default for the software) -- personally
I'd also be happy if we use the CC Attribution-ShareAlike
terms:

Or we could just use this and public domain it all:

  http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/

Or since we all seem to be lazy sods we could just leave
the references to the GFDL in place :-)

Chris

[1] http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/