[SlugBug] Re: More weirdness from Richard Ibbotson

Lesley Binks lesley.binks at zen.co.uk
Mon Aug 23 11:45:37 BST 2004

Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

>> I would love to know what is happening re Ibbotson's claims to have
>> involved lawyers.  It is actually quite important because it could be
>> considered libel or slander against this group if he chooses to
>> perpetuate a myth about it at ShefLug meetings.  That could affect any
>> one of us at any stage in life purely by being associated with or
>> having posted to this group.
>

> Or maybe we should continue doing what we're doing (i.e. meeting in the
> Rutlands and doing Linux / BSD stuff), not care so much about this man's
> dreams of fire breathing legions of lawyers marching against "heretic
> lugs", and only worry about if it becomes a problem.
>
> Let's not play other people's silly game - we've got our own and it's
> much better. ne neh neeh ne :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Jean-Michel.

And cheers to you too Jean-Michel.

I do plan to get down to a meet sometime soon.  The Rutland is not that
far away from me.

I have a few life things that might keep me away for a while though :(
so I can't guarantee it.

I agree with what you say; I just find that sort of psychology very
scary to deal with and it's disappointing to see what should be a
community organisation being run in such a manner.

SlugBug rules Ok in my book too.

Regards

Lesley