Fwd: Re: [SlugBug] partitions and partitioning and some swearing

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Tue Aug 10 01:07:11 BST 2004

meant for list oops

----- Forwarded message from Alan Dawson <aland at burngreave.net> -----
    Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 01:03:50 +0100
    From: Alan Dawson <aland at burngreave.net>
 Subject: Re: [SlugBug] partitions and partitioning and some swearing
      To: m.dewar at sheffield.ac.uk

Quoting Mike Dewar <m.dewar at sheffield.ac.uk>:

> Now we have a partition table that has hda1 to hda8 where hda1 is the win
> partition, hda2 is extended, hda 3 and 4 are little FAT32 partitions,
> hda4-hda8 are linux-y things like root, swap and god knows what.

Firstly ..  does anything boot still ?

Secondly .. if it does whats the problem?

thirdly.. what does fdisk -l  and mount say

AED
--
"The long revolution is creating small federated microsocieties, true guerilla
 cells practising and fighting for this self-management. Effective radicality

----- End forwarded message -----