Dell Laptops (was Re: [SlugBug] Re: Reminder - meeting tonight)

Mr. Adam ALLEN adam at dynamicinteraction.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 19:49:22 BST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 12:33, Lesley Binks wrote:

> It's an expensive toy but if it proves reliable then I'll be happy.
> I'm more mobile these days so it will be useful to be able to continue
> doing things while away from the desktop.

Mine has been rock sold- all I need to do is get an encrypted file
system and I'll be set.

> I haven't tried ACPI yet so can't confirm if it works or not with Suse
> 8.3 2.4.10 kernel.  (yes I know it needs updating).

I don't know of a reliable way of testing ACPI.. it was on re-compiling
kernels and the like when I found it was getting warmer and warmer.. the
system just shuts off when it *really* does get too hot.

It can't be good to test as I do, so I just don't have it enabled
anymore... But it has been broke in 2.4 and 2.6 kernels.

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.

adam at dynamicinteraction.co.uk