[SlugBug] Using Mail::Audit to /dev/null mail

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Tue Apr 27 14:55:58 BST 2004

Hi, I've been looking at

http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/Mail::Audit

Now I was wondering if it could be used to /dev/null mail for a mailman list.

bit of background.

I'm using mailscanner http://www.mailscanner.biz with an AV scanner and
spamassassin to filter email for viruses and spam.

I still deliver mail after its scanned, but alter the subject to add a warning
that this is prbly spam or infected with virus.  The reason I still deliver is
that I don't want to bin mail for users, thats there decision.

One particular mailman list we host though, has a group who want to have an open
list.  ie open acceptance of email, but complain about random spam that hits
there list.  They've requested that mail marked as spam detined for their list
is binned before it hits mailman.

Now this seems to me to be a losing battle but in the hope of being useful I was
wondering if the Mail::Audit could be used to create a script to /dev/null mail
before it being piped into mailman? and could somebody have some time to walk
me through it?

Cheers
AED
--
"The long revolution is creating small federated microsocieties, true guerilla

 cells practising and fighting for this self-management. Effective radicality
 authorises all variations and guarantees every freedom. "