[SlugBug] duplicate rpms/apt for redhat

pault pault at burngreave.net
Fri Sep 12 00:56:32 BST 2003

Quoting Bruno Postle <bruno at postle.net>:

> On Thu 11-Sep-2003 at 07:34:23PM +0100, pault wrote:
> > and rinse and repeat for each of the modules in my intial list?
>
> Yep, it'll probably be ok...

Following Bruno's advice, I've gone through my inital list, doing rpm -q for versions and -e to
delete the older one.

Rebooted, with no ill effects [so far].

My list of problematic packages is now down to one. Here's what happened:

 # rpm -q krb5-libs
 krb5-libs-1.2.7-10
 krb5-libs-1.2.7-14
 # rpm -e krb5-libs-1.2.7-14
 error: Failed dependencies:
         krb5-libs = 1.2.7-14 is needed by (installed) krb5-devel-1.2.7-14

Any clues?

Next I'll see if I can get the irc/ssh combo working.

pault
--
pault <mailto:pault at burngreave.net>
<http://www.burngreave.net/~pault/>