[SlugBug] duplicate rpms/apt for redhat

pault pault at burngreave.net
Thu Sep 11 19:45:07 BST 2003

Hi All

This is going to be a bit complex to explain.

1: I am experiencing difficulties doing irc via ssl in x-chat 2.0.4. Chris C has been helping be
sort it out.
2: I've recently installed apt-get for RedHat
3: When running an apt-* command I get a series of warnings of the form:

================================
W: There are multiple versions of "openssl" in your system.

This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
you may remove that warning by setting the following
option in your configuration file:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^openssl$"; };

To disable these warnings completely set:

RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";
================================
for the following packages:

cups-libs
foomatic
krb5-libs
glibc-common
openssl
kdelibs
bash
rhpl
ghostscript
glibc
openssh

There's some pretty fundamental stuff in there, so I'd like to get it sorted.

I know how to uninstall:
rpm -e foo

But what to uninstall/reinstall and in what order?

Anyone fancy lending me a hand?

pault
--
pault <mailto:pault at burngreave.net>