[SlugBug] 802.11g wireless things

Neil R Porter n.r.porter at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 24 14:13:25 BST 2003

Hi Slugbuggers

Has anyone got any experience with the new whizzy fast wireless tech on
Linux?  I've got a laptop coming (for my boss, read, wife) with an
internal card fitted that will be running WinXPPro (ugh).  However, my
laptop has Linux on it, along with a couple of my other machines.  So,
it's crucial that I get a 54g wireless access point along with PCMCIA
and PCI cards that work with Linux.  I also have an SMC adsl
modem/router thingy connected to a switch.  I'm guessing that I can run
the wireless access point off here in parallel?

What is the current state of affairs with this?  And if you have any,
what are your recommendations for kit?  I'd like MAC address filtering
at least.

Cheers

Neil
--