[SlugBug] Having a problem using SATA drive to install madrake..

Kemal Enver kemalenver at f2s.com
Fri Oct 3 17:34:43 BST 2003

Hi,
    I'm trying to install Mandrake 9.1 (which I downloaded about a month
ago) onto my new SATA drive.  I go through all the dialog boxes and I get
presented with a box asking me to specify my scsi/raid card.  I've tried a
few of these as none seem to match the controller on my motherboard.  The
controller on my MSI KT4 Ultra motherboard is a Promise 20376 sata/raid
controller and the hard drive Im using is a Western Digital 120GB 8MB cache
job.  Has anybody got any ideas what I can do to get this installed?  If
this version of Mandrake doesnt support SATA can you recommend me a distro
that has a kernel that does support it?

Thanks

Kemal Enver
u0ke at dcs.shef.ac.uk