[SlugBug] Is Capital taking over Linux?

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Wed Nov 5 00:01:34 GMT 2003

Quoting Chris Croome <chris at croome.net>:

>   The latest version of RedHat Linux will be out this week
>   and it will be called Fedora 1 not Redhat 10,

As a newbie to all of the differnet flavours, the fedora thing looks not
disimilar to the debian process.  Perhaps somebody could put me right there.

As a SuSE user I've found SuSE very good and easy to install on a range of
hardware.  I'll buy SuSE 9.0 and upgrade my servers to it.  Its also nice on
the desktop and laptop.  The problems are unless you get the enterprise
version you only get support for 2 years, which isn't long enough.

I going to get SuSE 9.0 pro but after that start looking for a distro that has
longer upgrade cycle.

What do other people do ?  What'd be a better distro ?

AED
--
http://www.burngreave.net
Ensuring that the Burngreave Residents benefit fully from the opportunities