[SlugBug] Is Capital taking over Linux?

Gary Stimson bulk at stimson.org.uk
Tue Nov 4 23:15:06 GMT 2003

At 22:51 04/11/2003 +0000, Chris Croome wrote:
>Hi
>
>I just posted an article on RedHat and SuSE here:

Thanks Chris, you're a star. I knew Redhat were discontinuing 7.x but it
was only an hour ago when I got a mass mail from them that I realised they
were stopping 9.0 in April. And this when I have a RH9 server going into a
data centre tomorrow... argh!!

I think we'll be installing most of this one using source and not RPMs,
then at least we know we can always upgrade the applications. The operating
system packages are going to be more tricky... At least we have four months
after 7.x with its huge user base is stopped before they discontinue 9, so
we can watch how things unfold and learn the best strategies for keeping
things running!

I've got a few RH7.x boxes too. Has anyone tried updating 7.x with Fedora RPMs?

Gary