[SlugBug] Linux Desktop for an OLD machine (newbie question)

Mr. Adam ALLEN adam at dynamicinteraction.co.uk
Fri Jul 18 18:09:02 BST 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 17:20, Bruno Postle wrote:
> On Fri 18-Jul-2003 at 05:05:36PM +0100, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

> Redhat 9 isn't intrinsically slower than anything else, it just has
> a lot more things you can disable.

gnome-terminal can use 13M of memory per terminal which- quickly
exhausts 128Mb - switching to Aterm saw much better performance out of
my laptop with only 128Mb RAM.

Memory if the limiting factory- and my laptop manages to run gnome2
without too many problems.... Though the laptop is a PIII 500Mhz so it
has a little bit more power YMMV.

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.