[SlugBug] The Name

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Fri Jul 18 02:46:50 BST 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 11:54:38PM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> I don't want to tread on Bruno's feet here, but I think we need to
> decide on a name ASAP.

Since I'm posting for the first time(s) on this list (without attachments,
I hasten to add ;) I thought I would add stuff to the pot.

There are plenty of Lugs around. There are a couple of BSD user groups,
though quite frankly the OS is dying and therefore there are few users
around

/me runs away very quickly ;)

Seriously, there are another couple of permutations. There are very few
GNU user groups in the UK. Ditto Free Software user groups. GNU probably
lends itself to the most different names, but I would say go for some kind
of free software UG (who's to say you're useres though? You could be
community... ).

Having something qualitively different from Sheflug would be a bonus, and
both groups could co-exist somewhat peacefully ;)

Cheers,

Alex.