[SlugBug] Newbie says Hi

kelvin michael kelvin_michael at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 18:12:17 BST 2003

Hi everyone
Apologies for this, but I'm afraid I'm going to ask a rather general
question about a rather minority sport: I'm very new to Linux (having  run
SuSE liveeval for a short time and recently installed Mandrake 9.1). I've
several years  professional experience using  music
composing/recording/sequencing applications on Mac and Windows, and purely
out of interest (and in the hope I'll learn a great deal more about the os,
which seems somewhat inevitable) I intend to install what equivalents exist
in the Linux world (Rosegarden,Ardour et al). From what I can gather pro
music applications aren't exactly one of Linux' strengths just yet, but it
is possible that  in a year or two or three they may well be (hence my real
interest).
Does anyone on this list use such software/know anyone in the Sheff area who
does?
Told you it was a bit minority. I'd be grateful for any replies.
Thanks
KM