[SlugBug] Web site and stuff like that...

Jonathan jonathan at sirtis.org.uk
Tue Jul 15 23:47:01 BST 2003

Matthew Collins wrote:
> I have a machine online, that I'm not using for much at the moment.
>
> It is available to host web site, mailing lists etc etc for the lug if
> needed.
>
> This is not a web hosting account, it's a dedicated (sort of) machine.
>
> I run DNS for some of my own sites and host a couple of sites on it
> already, so setting up another web site would not be a problem.
>
> As its my machine, setting up stuff like PHP and MySql is not a problem.
> Also running the mailing list from it would also be possible, if we
> start having problems with our current list host.

I already offered my machine as well. It's running FreeBSD with all the
usual hosting gubbins installed and people are more than welcome to have
accounts on it etc etc.

Is yours running on a leased line or a DSL connection? I did have mine
sitting on a DSL connection but found my browsing habits could turn the
machine into the slowest thing on earth, so it's housed in a nice little
ISP in Sheffield now.

I won't worry about this being read the wrong way, now we are on the
SlugBug list and we're all happy chappies :)

- J